With the growing inflation, health insurance is no longer an optional policy but rather a mandatory one. There are several plans that are available in the market right now and it can be quite confusing for you to choose the right plan.
The right plan to choose should be flexible, provide good benefits and also have stable premium rates. Star Health Insurance is one of those great health insurance policies that provide you with all three aspects.
Star Health Insurance is a combined undertaking between the M/s. ICICI Venture Funds Management, M/s. Oman Insurance Company, M/s. Alpha TC Holdings PTE Singapore, M/s TATA Capital Growth Fund, M/s. Sequoia Capital. Approved and founded by the IRDA in 2006, the Star Health Insurance has showed no signs of stopping.
It has been ranked consistently as one of the most efficient and affordable health care providers in the country. Star Health Insurance has been conferred several accolades for its excellent customer service and its health insurance plans.
List of Accolades Won by the Star Health Insurance:
· Best Health Insurance Corporation at Healthcare Excellence Awards in 2014
· Best settlement process award by Hindustan MaRs Survey in 2015
· Claims Service Corporation of the year award by Insurance Award in 2014
· Health Insurance Company of the year in 2015 by India Insurance Awards
From the awards that Star Health Insurance has received, it can be said without a doubt that the firm has been doing some really amazing work in the field of health insurance. There are two kind of scenarios where you could potentially ask for a claim on your Star Health Insurance.
· In case of a planned hospitalization
· In case of an emergency or Cashless treatment
Cashless treatments are only possible when you are at one of the Star Health Insurance network hospitals. If you are already covered under one of the plan, then you don’t need to worry. Below you will find the claim process for the Cashless Process.
You need to visit the nearest insurance desk at the reception of the network hospital that you are in and inform them about the scenario that you are in.
Once you are at the insurance desk you will be required to show them your health card that has been issued by the Star Health Insurance. That will serve as your policy ID. You will have to show them 2 passport photos along with your photo ID as well.
The next step in Star Health Insurance claim process is that the network hospital personnel will be verifying your credentials. After they have done that they will be submitting the necessary documentation to the Star Health Insurance Company along with a pre-authorization form.
There will be a medical professional from the hospital’s team who will evaluate and verify the documents. Once he has done that, he will proceed to start the claim process according to the plan that you are covered under.
A doctor from the designated field will be working with you in order to help you out with the process. This will make the hospitalization process much easier for you.
After all the above five steps have been completed successfully, the claim will then be settled and processed according to the terms and conditional of your plan.
Related : Star Health Insurance - Know your Claim Status
In case you have it all planned and laid out and you would like to go for a reimbursement claim please follow the below steps in order to make it happen.
There will be a field doctor who will be visiting you and will help you with the entire process, in an effort to make things easier and less complex.
After the discharge of the patient, you will be require to pay and settle all outstanding bills that have incurred. It is also important that you collect all the necessary original documents of the patient’s treatment and the receipts of any expenses.
You need to fill out the claims form for Star Health Insurance. Once you do that, you will attach the required original documents along with receipts. Then you would have to submit that to the nearest Star Health Insurance branch office.
Star Health Insurance will be validating all the documents submitted and will finally settle your claim.
Because the Star Health Insurance Company has made the process very transparent and easy, it is very helpful for all those people who do not want to go through hours of hassle. This is especially very good for senior citizens. You must be aware of the policies that you sign up for and the benefits that they provide in order to avoid any surprises.
For more updates and News follow Policybazaar Youtube
Oriental Health Insurance Corporation Limited was established in 1947 and since its inception, it has established its place in the Indian insurance sector as a very trustworthy and efficient company providing world-class service to its customers.
The company has over 30 centers in India and also abroad and has successfully penetrated both the urban and non-urban sectors in India, with more than 1800 fully operational offices. The reason for this success is mainly due to the feasibility of the policies that they offer along with the fact that mediclaim is becoming a very necessary and integral part of modern life in order to prevent against unforeseen medical events and situations, which can have very serious financial repercussions, as well as serious physical repercussions, without the right hospital care.
Oriental Insurance Mediclaim Policy would provide for the insured person’s pre and post hospitalisation expenses in the event of a critical illness, accident or surgery.
Oriental Health Insurance Mediclaim Policy Plans
There are a wide variety of health insurance policies that are provided by Oriental Health Insurance. Below we have listed some of the main mediclaim policy plans for you:
The Main Features of Oriental Insurance Mediclaim Policy
We can see above that Oriental Insurance Mediclaim Policy includes many different types of plans, which offer different benefits. But there are some salient characteristics of Oriental Insurance Mediclaim Policy, which are maintained throughout most of their plans. We would be discussing those for you to provide you a general overview of these plans. Before choosing any of them for you and your family, ensure that you make policy comparisons online and do your own research in order to find the plan that is most suitable for your life.
Below are the main features of Oriental Insurance Policies:
Under Oriental Mediclaim Policy, you can choose between individual mediclaim as well as family floater mediclaim policies. At one time, there can be coverage available for a maximum of 7 individuals, including 4 adults.
You would be covered for the costs of hospitalisation as well as recovery. So the time frame for such coverage is 30 days before hospitalisation and 60 days for any kind of post-hospitalisation complications and recovery needed.
Customers at the end of a claims-free period of 4 years would be eligible for free health check-ups.
Individuals and families insured under Oriental mediclaim plans would have to pay 10% of the claims amount
The Oriental Mediclaim Policy would cover any pre-existing diseases that the insured might have had, at the end of 4 continuous years of coverage by the insured.
Oriental Insurance Mediclaim Policy offers life-long renewability. So you and your family would be able to be covered under this policy throughout your lifetime. Along with this Oriental Insurance Mediclaim Policy renewal is a quick and easy process.
Oriental mediclaim plans also would pay for the rooms that you might need to rent in the hospitals. This payment would be under 1% of the total sum insured or Rs. 5000, whichever is less.
The Benefits from Oriental Insurance Mediclaim Policy
There is a 10% discount of the premium, which is applied in case you want to include your family under your mediclaim policy.
Oriental mediclaim also offers you the option of settling your claim without having to deal with cash. Thus, you have the option of quick and easy transactions.
Oriental Insurance Mediclaim Policy hospital list includes top rated and well-located hospitals. In fact the hospital network strength of Oriental mediclaim plans is over 4300. This is definitely a huge benefit for customers who are contemplating whether to buy mediclaim from them.
The reviews for Oriental Insurance Mediclaim plans are overall, very good. They are a very old and established company in India with a proven track record of fair claims settlement. The company also has good reviews on its grievance settlement policies. Over the years, this company has been able to withhold a huge percentage of loyal customers and the reasons for this has been its impeccable customer care and focus on customer satisfaction.
Mediclaim polices should be viewed as a necessity rather than an indulgence, considering the uncertainty surrounding modern lives. And Oriental Mediclaim Policy would definitely enable you to enjoy the mental satisfaction of knowing that your and your family’s health needs would be taken care of in case of any accident, injury or illness.
For more updates and News follow Policybazaar Youtube
Cigna TTK Health Insurance is a combined undertaking between Cigna Corporation, American Multinational Health Service Leader, and Indian Conglomerate, TTK Group. In India, the company has its headquarters in Mumbai. Cigna TTK Health Insurance was established in 2012. The company has presence in fifteen other cities in India.
What Are the Health Insurance Needs Covered by Cigna TTK Health Insurance?
Cigna TTK Health Insurance offers customized plans to cover different needs:
• Medical Health
• High-Risk Diseases
• Accident and Mishaps
• Medical /Non Medical Aid
(Or Financial Easing)
• Essential Healthcare
• Corporate Global Cover
• Group Protection: Accidents and Diseases
• Group Health Cover
What are the Benefits of Cigna TTK Health Insurance?
Cigna TTK Health Insurance offers the following benefits:
• A wide range of plans are offered by Cigna Health insurance to cater to diverse requirements.
• World-wide emergency coverage which covers medical expenses when the insurer is abroad.
• Cumulative bonus for no claims which results in increase in sum assured by 5% with no increase in premium. The sum assured can increase by 100% in about 20 claim free years.
• Restoration of sum assured, in the event that the original sum insured and the cumulative bonus (if any) has been exhausted. The company will restore the sum insured by 100% once in a policy year to meet all claims in the future for unrelated diseases and injuries.
• Expenses related to consultation fee of doctors, pharmacy expenses, and diagnostic tests that occur before hospitalization are covered by Cigna Health Insurance plans.
• Tax savings up to Rs 25,000 under sec 80D for Cigna Health Insurance plans
• Cashless treatment at 4500+network hospitals for Cigna Health insurance plans.
• Access to wellness programs which earn reward points for people availing Cigna Health Insurance plans.
What are the Health Insurance Plans Presented by Cigna TTK Health Insurance?
The Health Insurance Plans presented by Cigna TTK Health Insurance:
• Pro Health Protect Plan
• Critical Illness Insurance
• International Health Insurance
• Cigna TTK Lifestyle Protection-Accident Care Plan
• Pro-Health Cash
What are the Features Offered by Specific Plans of Cigna Health Insurance?
The specific plans under Cigna TTK Health Insurance:
• Pro Health Protect Plan- The plan is aimed at covering hospitalization expenses, day care procedures and domiciliary treatments.
• Critical Illness Insurance- The plan covers up to 30 critical illnesses. An insurer can avail benefits like medical second opinion from specialists, lumpsum or staggered claim payout options and a variety of sum insured options.
• Global Health Insurance- The plan covers needs of those people who travel extensively on work. The plan offers a wide range of sum insured options, choice of area coverage, AIDS/HIV Cover, Out of Area Emergency treatment to name a few.
• Cigna TTK Lifestyle Protection-Accident Care Plan- The plan covers accidental death and disablement, worldwide coverage, loss of employment, Education fund and orphan benefit for child, and multiple optional covers.
• Pro-Health Cash- The plan covers vital healthcare needs and at the same time offers several value additions. Some of its benefits include AYUSH-inpatient benefit, cumulative bonus booster etc.
Who are the Competitors of Cigna Health Insurance?
Cigna TTK Health Insurance is one of those insurance companies in India which wholly caters to health insurance. Cigna TTK Health Insurance’s closest competitors are Religare and Star Health. All three companies offer several benefits at affordable rates to the insurer.
You may like to read : Cigna TTK Health Insurance Plans - Know the Plans & Benefits
Apollo Munich Health Insurance company is also a standalone health insurance company. However, it caters to a more elite section as the plans are more expensive than its competitors.
While buying insurance plans, the individual customer’s specific requirements are the deciding factors. Therefore, we should be aware of the competitive advantages of products offered by different companies in the market.
What are the Comparative Advantages of the Top Health Insurance Companies?
• Star health’s Mediclassic product is very popular due to its restoration benefit. The product immediately restores the sum assured to 200% once the initial cover is exhausted. This is way more than what Cigna health insurance plan or any other competitor’s plan offers.
• Star health’s Mediclassic provides a good coverage for HIV positive patients. The only condition being that at the start of policy, the CD4 count of the person should not be less than 350. Adequate poof must be submitted to avail of the benefit. HIV related complications are excluded from Cigna health Insurance plan.
• Star Health’s no claim bonus can be accumulated up to 25%. However, for family floater plans, the no claim bonus is 25% of sum insured for the first year, and 10% for the second year. A maximum of 35% of original sum insured can be availed.
• Religare Healthcare offers health check-ups every year whether or not any claim has been made. The feature is available for individuals in the age group of 18 years and above.
• Religare Healthcare offers no claim bonus super add-on cover. The insurer can avail of benefit equal to 60% of the sum insured.
• For insurers with sum insured 50,00000 and above, Religare offers specific treatments that are usually not found in plans of other companies.
A prospective insurer can log into the websites of the insurance companies to view quotes for various plans. Those interested in Cigna Heath insurance plans can avail several services completely online by accessing the company’s website. For example, the insurer can track claims, renew policy, request for customer service assistance etc.
For more updates and News follow Policybazaar Youtube Channel
Welcome to one of our star health insurance reviews. Star Health Allied Insurance Company Limited is an insurance company that was established way back in 2006. The company has been at the forefront of providing classified insurance in the field of health.
Popular star health insurance plans include:
• Personal accident insurance and
• Overseas Mediclaim Policies
• Travel Insurance
• Health Policies
Star medical insurance caters for everyone. The company offers a variety of products that are tailor-made to ensure that you live happily and peacefully. If you are one of those who would like to live under the slogan “Health is Wealth”, Star Health Allied Insurance is definitely the place to start from.
You Can Buy A Policy Or Renew Yours Online
Today, we will focus on one of the frequently asked questions: “how to renew health insurance online at Star Health Allied Insurance. The advancement in technology today makes it possible for one to renew their star medical insurance at the company online. All you have to do is to access the company’s authenticated website and follow the instructions laid therein. The advantages of star health insurance renewal online are:
• Professional online customer support and assistance.
• It is time saving
• Fast and easy renewal online
Pay Much Attention to The Knicks And Knacks And You Will Never Have Problems
Any smart insurance policy holder is definitely aware of those knicks and knacks associated with managing a policy, balancing it and dealing with all the legal requirements. When you buy a plan, there are two things that you must be well aware of. The first is how to guarantee a successful claim and the other is how and when to renew your mediclaim.
Be Aware Of The Renewal Date All The Time
The most paramount thing that any star medical insurance holder has to know is that remembering the renewal date is always very important. You must keep this in mind from the very day you buy your insurance policy. The best way of doing so is by storing it as a reminder on your mobile phone. This can also be done on Outlook or by noting it in your notebook. There are companies that frequently send reminders to their clients as well.
You may like to read : Online Health Insurance Plan, Mediclaim Policy India
What Happens If You Fail To Renew Your Star Medical Insurance Policy In Time?
There are many reasons why you should avoid ignoring the renewal of your policy in time:
• Failure to renew your policy on time implies that you will have to buy a new one. Once this happens, you will incur more costs when buying a new premium.
• Secondly, you may not be in position to have your insurance claim for that sickness treated by the company as it will be declared a pre-existing disease. Pre-existing diseases can only be covered if you have been renewing your star medical insurance on a timely basis.
• Furthermore, you may not get the no-claim bonus and many other benefits when you fail to renew your star medical insurance on time.
That Is Why You Should Stay Updated About Your Star Medical Insurance Renewal Date
Today, trendy gadgets such as tablet PCs, digital reminders and mobile phones are very useful in helping you keep track of your star medical insurance renewal date. Much as the insurance company can always give you a grace period within which to renew your policy, sometimes it might not be liable to keep informing you about when to make your renewal. For this reason, you should always maintain all records related to your health cover renewal all the time.
How To Renew Your Star Medical Insurance Online
Now that we have thoroughly discussed why you should renew your insurance policy in time and the consequences of breach, let’s now turn to the main point: how you can renew your star medical insurance online. You can now do it instantly by visiting the website.
This Is What You Should Exactly Do:
• Access the website by clicking on https://retail.starhealth.in/renewal to start the renewal process.
• When you get there, the system will ask you to enter the “Policy Number” of the policy you purchased together with your “Date of Birth”.
• Click on the “Submit” button after entering all the star health insurance details above.
The other steps that come after the above are easy to understand and are self-explanatory. The star health medical group has invested a lot of time and resources in order to ensure that your star medical insurance renewal is hassle free and easy. If there is any other thing that you would like to know, you could also contact the company on a toll free line on 1800-425-2255. We hope that this article will guide you on how to buy, renew and deal with all aspects of your star medical insurance policy.
For more details check PolicyBazaar Customer Reviews & Ratings